The Mysterious Deed when selling homes in studio city

So what on earth is a Deed anyways? Well, think of it a lot like a pink slip to a car. It shows the owner of the car and a description of the car. So on a Deed, it shows the current owner of the property and a brief description of the property. And like pink slip for a car, you also use a deed when transferring ownership when you decide to sell. I work with these all the time when selling homes in studio city. So if you want to sell your home, you most likely will need the Deed. But there are certain situations were you may not need a deed. Like when a court ordered is issued instead. There are two types of Deeds. One is called a Quitclaim Deed and the other is a Grant Deed. A Grant Deed has some guarantees and is the most often type used. A Quitclaim Deed is used if you want to transfer of almost give up any amount of ownership you may have in the home. Usually if you have only partial ownership, this is blanket coverage of how ever little or big percentage you may own. I see this used often in divorces. So if you decided to give your half of the house to your spouse, this is what you would use. If you want to sell your home quickly, you will get cash for California houses from 2nd Chance Investment Group in a matter of hours.

Hopefully this will help you to understand what type of deed you need when your ready to sell.

Tammy Jerome
#1 in Studio City Real Estate
Coldwell Banker